This week I held of on posting on Monday, because I really wanted to hold the focus on my post about the 5k. If you have a couple bucks to spare please go donate! the proceeds support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and human trafficking.
This week’s topic for 52 Weeks of Gratitude is: 5 things I like about myself.
I think its so so so important that we love ourselves. If you don’t love you, life can get incredibly hard. You doubt all the good things going on because you think “How in the world can someone like me, deserve all this happiness?” and then you sabotage it all. Its not a good pattern. It has taken me quite a bit of time learning what it means to love myself and all my quirks. Heck… I am still learning! So here we go…..
- I like that I am a passionate person. Being passionate can be hard to deal with because all my emotions are heightened. When I am happy I’m ecstatic, when I’m sad…well you better open the floodgates. But the best thing about being passionate is that I am the kind of person that if I care about something or someone, I will give 110% all the way through.
- I am empathetic. If someone is going through a hard time, I won’t be that friend that says I’m sorry this is happening to you… I will be the friend thats sitting next to you, crying with you because when you are in pain, I understand and feel it too. I am able to pick up vibes and make deep connections with the people around me.
- Im a bookworm! I love to read! I think reading helps me keep an open mind, and be susceptible to different ideas and outlooks. Reading exposes my heart to be accepting of people of all walks of life.
- Hardworking. I take a lot of pride in my work ethic. It doesn’t matter if I am going to work somewhere for 3 months or 3 years I try to give my all during the entire time I’m employed. I would like to think that this trait makes me valuable to my employers!
- Im an introvert. I am thoughtful, reflective and analytical of myself. Am I making strides to be the best version of myself? I like this trait because it lets me keep myself in check and on the right path.
If you aren’t feeling great about yourself, take 20 minutes and think about the things you like about you. Why do you like those traits, how do they make you different? We should be embracing ourselves and celebrating who we are and how we affect the world. Maybe if we all took time to love ourselves, we would be more open to love others.